Thursday, August 24, 2017

Some New " Ish "


Its been a hot minute since I've done a beauty related post so I thought I'd share some new stuff that I recently picked up online, in store and from some beauty boxes.


First off I put in  an order to Colourpop and picked up some new shadows. I wanted to switch it up a bit & after buying the Carli Bybel Palette from ultra and not really liking it I thought I could try few more of these shadows because I really like the other ones I have. Heres what I added to my collection.  
Super Shock Shadows :
DGAF rusty brown with gold glitter 
Going Rogue silvery peach
The One  soft pinkie ivory
Co-Pilot  light pink ultra glitter

Kins is all about nail polish these days so I thought I'd try this pretty one called I wand it that way. I thought it would be perfect for her since its a sheer polish with glitter so when it chips it won't be as noticeable .  Chipped polish is the worst polish right?!  No Colourpop order would be complete with out some lipsticks so I got two liquid lipsticks in Sunshowers & Mwah 





I also got a few things in the August Sephora play box that I have been using and LOVNG!   Koreas Golden Crocus Ageless Saffron Elixir Serum  is my jam! I really wish this stuff wasn't $98 because it feels amazing!  Also this mini CAVIAR anti aging miracle multiplying volume mist is great for added volume and texture to my limp super fine hair, My mom bun needs all the help it can get, LOL.

I made a few trips to Ulta and picked up a couple lip products from NYX because I watched a youtube video and heard they are "AMAZING & THE BEST LIP PRODUCTS EVER" .. um no! they seriously suck and I'm taking them back... The Super Cliquey Matte lipstick  applies so patchy and instantly gave me that ring around the inside of my lips that I like to call "buttonhole mouth" after a few hours, one  coffee , and half of a burrito, I had to take it off, it was so gross. It felt like my lips were peeling and it was even more dry and patchy than before.  The Epic lip dye  feels amazing applies like pure magic and it feels like you aren't wearing anything on your lips. It's so pigmented but it's a stain and after a while the pigmentation dies down and it just looks like you've eaten a whole box of red Popsicles. I'd rather eat the whole box of popsicles,seems like a win win for stained lips.

 I went to the Sam Hunt concert a few weekends ago, so much fun but it was SO HOT! Luckily I had picked up the NYX Photo loving primer and I have to say I have really been liking it. It defiantly helped my make up last all night and made my skin look flawless in pictures. I'm ALWAYS a sucker for trying new foundations,  so when I saw a youtube video ( from the same person who said the lipsticks were amazing ) where she  did a review on this COVER GIRL HEALTHY ELIXIR FOUNDATION & said it was a must have, I had to try it. I do love it but the color seems to oxidize  and is too dark for my skin tone after putting it on, so I think getting a lighter color than you normally would may work better. Just keep that in mind if you would like to try it out yourself. 


I have been dying to try some Charlotte Tilbury products especially the cream eye shadows so when I was at Ulta  looking around for some similar products, I found these Glazed Eye Gloss from BUTTER LONDON. I snagged the shade Moonshine (a cool sparking taupe.) I don't really think it was exactly what I was looking for and I still need to play around with it but it is very pretty and glittery. A few weeks ago I made a trip to Reno NV to visit my cousin and have a girls day,IT WAS THE BEST! we had pedi's, lunch & shopping, of course  the day went way too fast.  I did pick up  this travel set of  Super goop Shine on lip screen  I have been loving this on my lips before I use my lipstick or even just were alone. 










I always love getting new beauty products and trying new things! What are some new products you have bought recently?


XO,

5 comments:

  1. I'm probably one of the very few people that don't buy anything besides blush, maybeline mascara and liquid foundation 😂 But always love learning that there are sooooooo many options out there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't really bought many beauty products in a while! I use to be a such a product junkie. Now I just stixk to the old faithful products! I always go to mac and sephora. I love matte lips at the moment so I need to do a shop. Mac always seems to have some great ones!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Colourpop products, they are amazing and the price is bomb! I'm surprised you had such bad luck with NYX. I love their stuff! & I have super dry lips and their stuff sits well on me surprisingly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't tried anything colorpop but have been wanting to! And I agree with the NYC lip products not my favorite either accept for maybe their lingerie liquid lipsticks. Aside from that, im a Milani girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look like some great products! I definitely want to try out the photo loving primer!

    ReplyDelete